Archdeacon of Plymouth
The Archdeacon of Plymouth is a senior clergy position in the Church of England's Diocese of Exeter and is responsible for the supervision of the clergy within the within the five rural deaneries: Ivybridge, Plymouth Moorside, Plymouth Devenport, Plymouth Sutton and Tavistock.
The position was created in 1918. The current archdeacon is Ian Chandler.
Archdeacons of Plymouth
- ?1918-1920 Arthur William Thomson Perowne (afterwards Bishop of Bradford,1920)
- 1921-1928 Ernest Frederick Newman
- ?1928-?1950 Francis Whitfield Daukes (also Bishop of Plymouth (Anglican),1934-1950)
- 1950-1962 Norman Harry Clarke
- ?1962-?1978 Frederick Albert John Matthews
- 1978-1982 Kenneth Albert Newing
- ?1982-?2001 Robin Gareth Ellis
- 2001-2010 Anthony Ronald Wilds
- 2010-present Ian Nigel Chandler