Antonija Mišura at the 2012 Summer Olympics
|Toulouse Métropole Basket|
19 May 1988 |
|Listed height||1.78 m (5 ft 10 in)|
|Listed weight||65 kg (143 lb)|
|League||Croatian Women's Basketball League
Ligue Féminine de Basketball
|2005–2007||ŽKK Vidici Dalmostan|
|2007–2013||ŽKK Jolly JBS|
|2013–present||Toulouse Métropole Basket|
Antonija Mišura (born 19 May 1988) is a Croatian professional basketball player. She plays for Toulouse Métropole Basket in the Ligue Féminine de Basketball and for the Croatia women's national basketball team. Mišura has represented the national team in the 2009 Mediterranean Games, EuroBasket Women 2011, and the 2012 Olympics. She plays as a point guard and shooting guard, and is noted for her quick, at times explosive, style of play. Mišura has also been featured in several polls for the most beautiful sportswoman, and her looks have attracted significant media attention.
As a girl, Mišura played a variety of sports in her native city of Šibenik, including volleyball. She was ultimately attracted to basketball, following the example of her older sister, as well as her sports idol Dražen Petrović, also a native of Šibenik. She started her professional career with ŽKK Vidici Dalmostan in 2005, moving to ŽKK Jolly JBS in 2007, and winning both the national championship and the Croatian Cup in 2008, in her first season with her new club. In the 2010–11 season, Mišura averaged 30.0 minutes and 9.0 points per game in the Adriatic League, and 26.0 minutes and 7.3 points per game in the EuroCup, leading her team in assists and steals per game in the Adriatic League with 3.5 and 2.0, respectively.
With the national team, Mišura won the bronze medal at the 2009 Mediterranean Games, placed 5th in the EuroBasket Women 2011 and 10th in the 2012 Summer Olympics. Due to competition from more experienced players, Mišura saw limited playing time with the national team in 2011 and 2012, scoring 4.8 points per game in the Eurobasket and 3.3 points per game in the Olympics.
Mišura is often described as the most beautiful sportswoman of Croatia. She was named Miss Mediterranean Games in 2009 by a poll of 80 accredited photographers from 23 countries. The American sports website Bleacher Report named her the most beautiful female competitor at the 2012 Summer Olympics, The American Entertainment and Lifestyle Magazine [Muze] featured her as one of the 2012 Olympics most amazing athletes, and her appearance in London attracted coverage in a similar vein from Russia Today, the New England Sports Network and Serbian newspaper Blic. Croatian media also noted a tweet by the NBA player Nate Robinson, who, after watching Mišura in the Croatia vs. Czech Republic game, commented that she "might be the most beautiful woman basketball player ever to lace up some sneakers".
Mišura has stated that the attention is both flattering and annoying. She has declined most modelling offers, focusing chiefly on her sports career and education. As of 2012[update], she is studying tourism management in Šibenik.
- "Antonija Misura". eurobasketwomen2011.com. FIBA. Retrieved 17 August 2012.
- "'Komplimenti mi gode, ali od ljepote žive manekenke'". tportal.hr (in Croatian). Hrvatski Telekom. 17 August 2012. Retrieved 17 August 2012.
- "Lijepa Antonija Mišura sprema se na odmor s dečkom". tportal.hr (in Croatian). Hrvatski Telekom. 11 August 2012. Retrieved 18 August 2012.
- Banić, Nevena (31 July 2011). "Antonija Mišura: Na terenu psujem kao kočijaš". Slobodna Dalmacija (in Croatian). Retrieved 17 August 2012.
- "ZKK SIBENIK JOLLY JBS basketball team". eurobasket.com. Retrieved 19 August 2012.
- "Antonija Mišura: 'Prvo pa muško, ha, ha!'". sportski.net.hr (in Croatian). 4 July 2012. Retrieved 18 August 2012.
- "Najljepša hrvatska sportašica Antonija Mišura otkrila je sve svoje čari". jutarnji.hr (in Croatian). Jutarnji list. Retrieved 19 August 2012.
- "Najljepša hrvatska sportašica Antonija Mišura šakama se obračunala sa suparnicom". Slobodna Dalmacija (in Croatian). 26 April 2012. Retrieved 17 August 2012.
- "'Mogu mi nuditi brda i doline ali ne bih se slikala za Playboy'". Večernji list (in Croatian). 23 July 2012. Retrieved 17 August 2012.
- Zaldivar, Gabe (20 July 2012). "Croatian Basketball Player Antonija Mišura Is Most Beautiful Woman at Olympics". Bleacher Report. Retrieved 26 August 2012.
- Dykstra, Michael (13 August 2012). "Antonija Misura – Croatian Basketball – Hottest Olympian? – Muze Magazine Amazing Olympic Women Collection – (Video)". Muze Magazine. Retrieved 26 August 2012.
- "Olympic beauty queen: Antonija Misura". rt.com (Russia Today). 29 July 2012. Retrieved 29 July 2012.
- "Antonija Misura, Beautiful Croatian Basketball Star, Turning Heads at London Olympics". nesn.com. New England Sports Network. 30 July 2012. Retrieved 17 August 2012.
- "Vi ste izabrali: Najlepša sportistkinja Igara je Hrvatica Antonija Mišura". sport.blic.rs (in Serbian). Blic. 11 August 2012. Retrieved 18 August 2012.
- "NBA zvijezda: Mišura je najljepša žena koja je ikad zavezala tenisice!". Večernji list (in Croatian). 2 August 2012. Retrieved 18 August 2012.
- "Twitter / nate_robinson". twitter.com. 1 August 2012. Retrieved 17 August 2012.