Morrow with the Mavericks
|No. 23 – Dallas Mavericks|
September 27, 1985 |
Charlotte, North Carolina
|Listed height||6 ft 5 in (1.96 m)|
|Listed weight||210 lb (95 kg)|
|High school||Charlotte Latin School
(Charlotte, North Carolina)
|College||Georgia Tech (2004–2008)|
|NBA Draft||2008 / Undrafted|
|Pro playing career||2008–present|
|2008–2010||Golden State Warriors|
|2010–2012||New Jersey Nets|
|Career highlights and awards|
Anthony Jarrad Morrow (born September 27, 1985) is an American professional basketball player who currently plays for the Dallas Mavericks of the National Basketball Association (NBA). The 6 ft 5 in (1.96 m), 210 lb (95 kg; 15 st) shooting guard went undrafted out of the Georgia Institute of Technology in the 2008 NBA Draft, but was later signed by the Golden State Warriors and is now considered one of the best pure shooters in the NBA.
On July 25, 2008, Morrow was signed by the Golden State Warriors after going undrafted in the 2008 NBA Draft. In his first NBA start, he scored 37 points on 15-for-20 shooting against the Los Angeles Clippers—the most points ever scored in a game by an undrafted player in his rookie season—and grabbed 11 rebounds. Morrow finished the 2008-09 season as the first rookie and first Warrior ever to lead the league in three-point field goal shooting, going 86-for-184 for a .467 percentage.
In the 2009 NBA Summer League, Morrow scored 47 points for the Warriors in a game against the New Orleans Hornets - setting the record for the most points scored by an individual in a game at the NBA Summer League.
On February 3, 2012, Morrow scored a career high of 42 points in a loss vs the Minnesota Timberwolves.
NBA career statistics
|GP||Games played||GS||Games started||MPG||Minutes per game|
|FG%||Field goal percentage||3P%||3-point field goal percentage||FT%||Free throw percentage|
|RPG||Rebounds per game||APG||Assists per game||SPG||Steals per game|
|BPG||Blocks per game||PPG||Points per game||Bold||Career high|
- HoopsHype - NBA Players - Anthony Morrow
- Khalid Shakran, Anthony Morrow Inks a Deal with Golden State Warriors, Bleacher Report, July 25, 2008.
- NBA.com: July 2008 Transactions
- ESPN.com Rookie Morrow explodes for 37 points, 11 boards in 1st NBA start, November 15, 2008.
- Janny Hu, A rookie whose 3-point stroke leads the league, SFGate , April 12, 2009.
- Rotoworld: Anthony Morrow, April 16, 2009.
- NBA.com 2008-09 Three Pointers Leaders: 3-Point FG Percentage
- Golden State Warriors' Anthony Morrow nets summer-league best 47 points, Updated: July 17, 2009
- Ellis, Morrow lead Warriors past Mavericks 111-103
- "Nets Acquire Guard Anthony Morrow". NBA.com. July 13, 2010. Retrieved February 22, 2013.
- Stephenson, Colin. "Nets' Anthony Morrow has mastered the art of the 3-point shot after years of practice". Article. Star Ledger. Retrieved 2011-10-21.
- Nets let Anthony Morrow's career-high 42-point effort go to waste, Updated: February 3rd, 2012
- "TWO MAJOR TRANSACTIONS SIGNIFICANTLY RESHAPE HAWKS FUTURE". NBA.com. July 11, 2012. Retrieved July 11, 2012.
- Couch, Ben (July 11, 2012). "A Jolt of Joe for the Nets". Brooklyn Nets. Retrieved July 11, 2012.
- "Mavericks deal for guard Anthony Morrow". NBA.com. February 21, 2013. Retrieved February 22, 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: Anthony Morrow|
- Career statistics and player information from NBA.com, or Basketball-Reference.com
- Anthony Morrow Player Info @ DraftExpress.com
- Anthony Morrow – Georgia Tech Player Bio