Silk in November 2010
January 31, 1974 |
Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada
|Alma mater||St. Thomas University|
|Known for||Lost Girl|
|Spouse(s)||Seth Cooperman (m. 2009)|
Anna Silk (born January 31, 1974) is a Canadian actress. Initially known for her work on the Nicoderm Canadian commercial as Deb, a flight attendant trying to quit smoking, she has since guest-starred in Being Erica and is currently starring in Lost Girl.
Life and career
Silk was born in Fredericton, New Brunswick, the daughter of Peter, an academic, and Ilkay Silk, a prominent actress, director, producer, playwright, and educator in Fredericton. Her father is British and her mother is a "Turkish-Cyprian-English expat". Some of Anna's earliest memories were going to play rehearsals and watching her mother work. She graduated from St. Thomas University with a Bachelor of Arts degree in 1997. She appeared in at least two productions with Theatre St. Thomas, Seven Menus and The Kitchen.
She moved to Toronto to further her acting career in November 1999. Since approximately 2008, Silk has resided in Los Angeles, and as of 2009 portrays the principal character, a succubus named Bo Dennis, in the Canadian television series Lost Girl.
She met actor Seth Cooperman at an actor's workshop in Los Angeles. They were reported to be engaged in August 2009, and have since married in a ceremony held in Fredericton. Silk, who was not raised with organized religion, has converted to her husband's Jewish religion.
|2002||Confessions of a Dangerous Mind||Headset Woman (uncredited)|
|2005||Where the Truth Lies||Gina (uncredited)|
|2007||Do Not Bend||Catye||Short film|
|2007||Breakfast with Scot||Mia|
|1999||Daring & Grace: Teen Detectives||Sabrina||Episode: "1.112"|
|2003||Petits mythes urbains||Wife||Episode: "Sexes en eaux troubles"|
|2003||Mutant X||Asia||Episode: "Within These Walls"|
|2003||Missing||Marilyn Janacek||Episode: "Victoria"|
|2004||Dead Lawyers||Sonia Alexandropova||TV movie|
|2004||Puppets Who Kill||Sperm Bank Nurse||Episode: "Portrait of Buttons"|
|2004||Love Rules!||Lynn Hopp||TV movie|
|2004||Anonymous Rex||Keri||TV movie|
|2005||The Perfect Neighbor||Ashley Marin||TV movie|
|2006||Angela's Eyes||Sondra||Episode: "The Camera's Eye"|
|2006||Legacy of Fear||Kathleen Coyne||TV movie|
|2007||The Jane Show||Kathy||Episode: "Shower Killer"|
|2007||'Til Death Do Us Part||Mindy Lohman||Episode: "Storage Unit Murder"|
|2007||The Company||Stella Bledsoe||TV miniseries|
|2007||Voicemail||Sandy||TV series short|
|2008||Ghost Whisperer||Haylie Wayne||Episode: "Big Chills"|
|2008||Billable Hours||Suzie||Episode: "Pigeon Lawyer"|
|2009–2010||Being Erica||Cassidy Holland||Episodes: "Everything She Wants", "The Importance of Being Erica" and "Bear Breasts"|
|2010–present||Lost Girl||Bo Dennis||Main cast (39 episodes)|
|2011||Republic of Doyle||Tania St. Croix||Episode: "St. John's Town"|
- "NBFC E-news". NB Film Coop. February 19, 2009. Retrieved March 14, 2010.
- Debra Yeo (September 9, 2010). "Adrift in the world of the fae". Toronto Star. Retrieved November 27, 2010.
- A few words from those who know her well, The Daily Gleaner, May 2, 2009. Accessed October 18, 2011.
- Melissa Leong (September 14, 2010). "Not your average Tinker Bell". financialpost.com. Retrieved November 27, 2010.
- Stewart, Laverne. Extraordinary ability, The Daily Gleaner, May 2, 2009. Accessed October 18, 2011.
- LeBlanc, Jacqueline (June 10, 2009). "Familiar Face: Anna Silk's Acting Career Takes Flight". St Thomas University. Retrieved March 14, 2010.
- Anna Silk at the Internet Movie Database
- Cohen, Mike. TV’s Lost Girl converts to Judaism, Jewish Tribune, August 23, 2011. Accessed October 18, 2011.
- Stewart, Laverne. Actor lands role in series, The Daily Gleaner, August 26, 2009. Accessed October 18, 2011.
- Rankin, Andrew. Lost Girl found its star in Fredericton's Anna Silk, The Vancouver Sun, August 29, 2011. Accessed October 18, 2011.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: Anna Silk|