Andy Lee (entertainer)
||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2008)|
Andy at the press conference of SBS MTV's Teen Top Rising 100% in June 2012
|Birth name||Lee Sun-ho|
|Also known as||Andy|
|Born||21 January 1981|
|Genres||K-pop, J-pop, Dance, R&B, Rap|
|Occupations||singer, actor, rapper|
ND Entertainment/TOP Media
|Associated acts||Shinhwa, Teen Top, 100%|
|Revised Romanization||I Seon-ho|
Lee Sun-ho (Hangul: 이선호; Hanja: 李先皓), mononymously credited as Andy (Hangul: 앤디) was born on 21 January 1981. He is known as a rapper and youngest in six-member boy band Shinhwa. Besides rapping for his band, Andy has ventured out into acting, with successful roles on Seoul Broadcasting System (SBS) Good Sunday's Banjun Drama. His real English name was actually Jason, but SM Entertainment persuaded him to change it before his debut.
Andy Lee is the second member to join Shinhwa. He originally planned to be a member of H.O.T. (another Korean boy band) with his friend, Tony An. However, his parents pulled their support for him joining H.O.T. because they thought he was too young. Nevertheless, he continued to stay with the management of H.O.T. and was even featured as a rapper on female group S.E.S.'s single I'm Your Girl along with Eric Mun (Mun would later join Lee in Shinhwa as lead rapper).
When Lee was older, his parents let him join Shinhwa. Lee would continue with Shinhwa until the group's fourth album when Lee took some time out to study in the U.S. (he later confessed that it actually was due to his care for seriously sick mother). For the group's fifth album Perfect Man he returned and has been with the group ever since.
2003: Solo artist
In 2003, when the members of Shinhwa began doing solo activities, Lee surprised everyone by being an actor on various dramas, most notably the drama Lovers In Prague. Although he had a very minor role in the drama, it gained many viewers because of his role as a completely different, serious person. He began appearing in many banjun drama as well alongside former Fin.K.L member Lee Jin. The two acted together in numerous other banjun dramas as well as a couple for 6 months, longer than any other couple or actors/actresses did on the show segment for which they gained a lot of popularity due to their perfect match and chemistry. Lee was also an MC on SBS Inkigayo and MBC Goldfish, though in January 2007, he step down from being MC on both SBS Inkigayo and MBC Goldfish in a period of 3 days (SBS Inkigayo on January 28 & MBC Goldfish on January 31).
In 2007, Lee left his group's management to set up his own company, ND (New Dream) Entertainment, concentrating on his solo career. As Shinhwa was on hiatus, Lee return to acting in September 2007 to act as the lead role in a musical "Music In My Heart (Season 3)", a type of project that none of the Shinhwa members have tried to pursue yet. After finishing performances for the musical, Lee released his very first digital single, titled "Irrelevant [or Extraordinary] Imagination" on November 30, 2007, a cover from the group Rollercoaster's song. Due to the help of Park Jin Young (also known as JYP; CEO of JYP Entertainment) and Yubin of Wonder Girls, Lee was able to have a successful single. Yubin rapped while JYP wrote the lyrics for the rap part in the song. With the help, Lee was able to attract a lot of attention for the single. By releasing the digital single as well, Lee became the 5th member in Shinhwa to go solo behind Lee Min Woo, Shin Hye Sung, Jun Jin, and Kim Dong Wan, leaving Eric Mun as the only member to have not yet pursue a solo singing career.
In March 2008, Andy joined MBC's reality show We Got Married where he was a couple with singer Solbi to act out the lives of newlyweds. Solbi and Andy made their official exit from We Got Married on October 5, 2008. He has taken an active career in stage such as playing as playing a 19-year-old in the musical Polaroid in August 2008, as well as live concerts throughout September and October. He has also produced a two member boy band called Jumper under his company ND Entertainment. They have released two singles titled YES! featuring Eric and 눈이부셔 (Sparkling Eyes) featuring Kang Jiyoung of Kara.
2009-2011: Military service
In November 2009, Lee commenced an Asia tour with stops in Taipei, Tokyo and Shanghai and concluded it just after Christmas and held a fan meeting, Andy Farewell Party-Bye for now a week before his enlistment. He enlisted for his mandatory military service on 11 January 2010 for 21 months of active duty at the Ministry of National Defense in Yongsan-gu, Seoul. He was discharged on 31 October 2011.
2012: Shinhwa comeback and boy band 100%
In March 2012, Lee reunited with his Shinhwa band mates for their comeback after four years, under the management of 'Shinhwa Company'. It is a joint venture agency for members to perform as a group, of which Eric and Lee Min-woo are co-CEOs and the remaining members are shareholders. The Company manages the group as a whole, whilst members' individual activities are managed by their respective agencies. The group released their tenth studio album The Return on 23 March 2012, launched their comeback concerts 2012 Shinhwa Grand Tour: The Return throughout Asia and their first exclusive variety program Shinhwa Broadcast premiered on 17 March 2012 on cable channel JTBC.
Albums / Singles
||also on Album The First New Dream / The First Propose|
|2008||The First New Dream
repackaged: The First Propose
||"거짓말" (Lies) & "Music In My Heart" from Musical Music In My Heart|
|사랑하면 보내야 하는건데
(If You Love Her, Then Let Her Go)
||from Musical Polaroid|
|2010||사랑 하나 (네게 배운 말...)
(One Love (You Taught Me))
|2008||The First... 6日間の小さな奇蹟
(rom: Kuikakan no Chisana Kiseki) (en: The 6 Day Miracle)
|The First Live Concert 6일간의 작은 기적
(en: The 6 Day Miracle)
|2009||The First Propose In Tokyo||
|2002||Emergency Act 19||긴급조치 19호||with Shinhwa|
|2003-4||Nonstop 4||논스톱 4||MBC||Sitcom|
|Lovers In Prague||프라하의 연인||Ji Seung-woo||SBS||Drama|
|2009||Two Wives||두 아내||Yoon Nam-joon||SBS||Drama|
|2003-2007||X-Man / New X-Man||X맨 / New X맨||
|2005||Love Letter||리얼 로망스 연애편지||SBS|
|2008||We Got Married||우리 결혼했어요||Eps. 1-28 of Season 1 (with Sol-bi)||MBC|
|Andy's French Kiss||앤디의 프렌치키스||tvN|
|2012||Teen Top Rising 100%||틴탑의 뜬다 백퍼||SBS MTV|
|2012||E! 'K-STAR' News||SBS|
|2007||Music In My Heart (Season 3)||
- 2000 Ivyclub
- 2001 CGV / Ivyclub Summer
- 2002 FRJ
- 2003 Intercrew
- 2004 Oh! Gamja! / Ivyclub Summer
- 2005 Coca Cola / Aloe Bar / Kyochon Chicken / Ivyclub Winter / Ivyclub Summer / RADO
- 2006 McDonald’s Lotteria
- 2007 Gmarket
- "Former Shinhwa member Andy to tour Asia" 10Asia. 11 November 2009. Retrieved 2012-04-05
- "Andy to meet fans tomorrow before entering military" 10Asia. 8 January 2010. Retrieved 2012-04-05
- "Singer Andy to Start Military Service" Chosun Ilbo. 5 January 2010. Retrieved 2011-11-05
- "Andy of the group Shinhwa speak to fans after completing his mandatory military service in Yongsan, Seoul on Monday" Chosun Ilbo. 1 November 2011. Retrieved 2011-11-05
- "Shinhwa Form Their Own Agency" Chosun Ilbo. 3 August 2011. Retrieved 2011-11-05
- "신화, 섬뜩한 뱀파이어 변신…23일 10집 발매". Nate News (in Korean). 17 March 2012. Retrieved 2012-03-19.
- "Shinhwa to release upcoming 10th album on March 23". 10 Asia. 16 March 2012. Retrieved 2012-03-26.
- Hong, Lucia (1 February 2012). "Shinhwa releases teaser video for upcoming concert". 10 Asia. Retrieved 13 December 2012.
- Suk, Monica (26 March 2012). "CONCERT REVIEW: Shinhwa: Reborn with The Return". 10 Asia. Retrieved 13 December 2012.
- Park, HyunMin (4 March 2012). "Shinhwa to have Shinhwa Broadcast". Mnet News. CJ E&M. Retrieved 12 November 2012.
- Lee, Hye Ji (19 September 2012). "Teen Top’s Agency to Debut New Boy Group". 10 Asia. Retrieved 2012-10-02.
- Hong, Grace Danbi (14 September 2012). "Shinhwa Andy’s Newest Group, 100% Gears Up for Big Debut". enewsWorld. CJ E&M. Retrieved 2012-10-02.
- "Profile" ANDY Official Homepage. Retrieved 2012-08-25.
- "The First New Dream info" YesAsia. Retrieved 2012-08-25.
- "The First Propose info" YesAsia. Retrieved 2012-08-25.
- "Single Man info" YesAsia. Retrieved 2012-08-25.
- "The First... 6日間の小さな奇蹟 info" YesAsia. Retrieved 2012-08-25.
- "The First... 6日間の小さな奇蹟 info" CD Japan. Retrieved 2012-08-25.
- "The First... 6日間の小さな奇蹟 info" e-tsuhan.com. Retrieved 2012-09-01.
- "The First... 6日間の小さな奇蹟 info" WOW! Korea. Retrieved 2012-09-01.
- "The First Live Concert (Korea Ver.) info" YesAsia. Retrieved 2012-08-25.
- "The First Propose In Tokyo info" YesAsia. Retrieved 2012-08-25.
- "Emergency Act 19" IMDb. Retrieved 2012-08-31.
- "Lovers in Prague" HanCinema. Retrieved 2012-08-31.
- "Two Wives" HanCinema. Retrieved 2012-08-31.
- "Schedule" ANDY Official Homepage. Retrieved 2012-08-25.
- "K-STAR news" SBS E!. Retrieved 2012-08-31.
- "Andy is "K-Star News" new emcee" by Syahida Kamarudin Yahoo! Entertainment Malaysia. 7 June 2012. Retrieved 2012-08-31.
- "Musicals: Polaroid" Korea Herald. 5 July 2008. Retrieved 2012-04-10.
- Andy's Official website (Korean)
- Top Media official website (Korean)
- Shinhwa Company official website (Korean)