||This article's use of external links may not follow Wikipedia's policies or guidelines. (February 2013)|
|Born||1976 (age 36–37)
|Genres||Alternative Pop, pop|
|Instruments||Vocals, Guitar, Percussion|
|Associated acts||Haris Alexiou
Born and raised in Athens Greece, Andriana studied Economics and Music. She began singing as a Vocalist/Percussionist with rock singer-songwriter Nikos Portokaloglou Band in 1998. This led to her first studio recording “Den Ein' Arga” (It's Not Too Late) from the OST “Brazilero”, which became a major radio hit, and also her first solo album “Kai I Gi Gyrizei” (And the World keeps on turning...), following a contract with Universal Music. She sings “Gine Kommatia (Nychterino Renge)” (Turn To Pieces) in Portokaloglou's album “Dipsa” (Thirst) and it becomes a major hit in Greece, but also in France. France's Ethnic Radio “RFI Musique” included "Gine Kommatia" to the Top-10 list for a period of over 3 months.
In 2004, Andriana is nominated in the “Arion Awards” (Greece’s most popular Music Awards) in the category for “Best New Artist” and “Best Female Pop Singer”. The same year she appears in Stefanos Korkolis's album “Anemoptero” singing the title song, and Kostas Livadas's “Ti Hronia Ki Afti” (What a Year), singing “Mia Mera Emine Akoma” (One more day left).
During the Winter of 2004-2005 Andriana appears in George Dalaras's live performances. In May 2005 she released her second studio album “Min Pis Pote” (Never Say Never), following a new contract with Minos EMI. This album was re-released in February 2006 as a repackaging, including an extra song by Stefanos Korkolis (music) and Rebecca Roussi (lyrics), which was used in a very popular TV advertisement of Chocolate.
In June 2007 she released her third studio album “Des Kathara” (Watch Clearly). The title song's Music Video, an adaptation of Calogero's "Face à la mer" with Greek lyrics by Nikos Moraitis, directed by Maria Skoka, wins "Best Music Video" Award in Greek Video Music Awards 2008.
The summer of 2008 she is touring alongside Haris Alexiou and Babis Stokas, singing in concerts all around Greece, Cyprus, Turkey and Israel.
In May 2009 she released her fourth album “The Rose Tattoo”, a selection of '50 's and '60 's Greek and International hits, arranged by renowned composer Minos Matsas. The album was recorded between Los Angeles and Greece, using Skype.
In late 2010 Babali released her fifth studio album titled “O Tzon Tzon Zi” (John-John is alive) which is entirely written and composed by lyricist Nikos Moraitis and virtuoso violist and composer Stamos Semsis.
Around that time, the successful Greek TV series The Island used “Ise Esi O Anthropos Mou” (from her 2009 album: The Rose Tattoo) for the series theme song, which ranked #1 in iTunes (Gr) sales, while it's been re-released (included in the OST of the series) twice with Proto Thema newspaper, and later with EMI. The winter of 2011 she collaborated in the studio and in live performances with Michalis Hatzigiannis giving concerts around Greece, Cyprus, North America, and Canada.
In the fall of 2010, Ari Bafalouka’s (Director) film entitled “Apnea”, where Andriana co-starred among renowned Greek actors, like Giorgos Karamihos, Youlika Skafida, Iro Moukiou and Akilas Karazisis, aired in the Montreal World Film Festival. The film received great reviews from the critics and was awarded the Fipresci & Audience Award in 51st Thessaloniki Film Festival, the Audience Award “Best Film” in SEE FEST - Los Angeles 2011 and more. The film screened at many festivals worldwide, and premiered in Greek theaters in January 2011.
In early 2011, Andriana participates in a theatrical production for the first time, acting as well as singing, for Yorgos Nanouris’s play “Greece 11”.
- In the fall of 2012, Andriana collaborated with Ilias Liougos, Orfeas Peridis, Kalliopi Vetta and Hristos Thivaios giving a tribute concert to the great Greek composer Manos Hatzidakis, produced by composer Michalis Koumbios.
- After a studio collaboration with George Dalaras and Nikos Antypas in their new cd “Ti Tha Pei Etsi Einai”, Andriana is giving concerts among them, throughout Greece and Cyprus.
- Kai I Gi Gyrizei (2003)
- Min Pis Pote (2005)
- Des Kathara (2007)
- The Rose Tattoo (2009)
- O Tzon Tzon Zi (2010)
- Me Hriazete (EP) (2006)
- Den Ein' Arga (2001)
- Moira Mou Egines (2003)
- Gyrna Piso (2003)
- Gine Kommatia (Nychterino Renge) (2004)
- Min Pis Pote (2005)
- Mazi Theos (2006)
- Des Kathara (Face à la mer) (2007)
- Diakopes Sti Baniera (2010)
- Periplanomeno (2010)
- Koukla Spasmeni (2010)
- Den Ein' Arga in Nikos Portokaloglou's Brazillero album (2003)
- Thalassa Mou Skoteini, second voice in Nikos Portokaloglou's Brazillero album (2003)
- Gine Kommatia (Nychterino Renge) in Nikos Portokaloglou's Dipsa album (2003)
- Kyma in Palyrria's Palyrria album (2004)
- Mia Mera Emine Akoma in Kostas Livadas's Ti Hronia Ki Afti album (2004)
- Vale Mou Dyskola in Nikos Portokaloglou's Pame Alli Mia Fora (Live '01-'05) album (2005)
- Mono Esy in Nikos Portokaloglou's Pame Alli Mia Fora (Live '01-'05) album (2005)
- Ta Karavia Mou Kaio in Nikos Portokaloglou's Pame Alli Mia Fora (Live '01-'05) album (2005)
- Gine Kommatia in Nikos Portokaloglou's Pame Alli Mia Fora (Live '01-'05) album (2005)
- Panta Dikos Sóu in Zak Stefanou's Omorfos Kosmos album (2005)
- Den Fovame in RG's To Proto Htipima album (2006)
- Ekina Pou Den Eho in Estudiadina Neas Ionias's Dakri Sto Giali album (2006)
- Mou Les in Euro-Revisions, a National TV tribute to the early Eurovision Years (2006)
- Mathima Solfege in Euro-Revisions, a National TV tribute to the early Eurovision Years (2006)
- Des Kathara (Face à la mer) Mad VMA Edition in Stereo Mike's XLI3H album (2007)
- Avokanto in Melpo Halkoutsaki-Alkisti Halikias album 'Tragoudakia Galaktos (2008)
- T Asteri in Stella's Gadedi album Pantos itan nyhta La poupe (2008)
- Me ena zepelin in Yorgos Kazantzis's album Issalos Grammi (2008)
- Liberdade / Eleftheria in Citânia's (Portugal) Segredos do mar (2011)
- Sunny Mae (feat. Adriana Babali) in Mattisse's Sunny Mae (feat. Adriana Babali) digital single (2011)
- Vrochi Ton Asterion in Michalis Hatzigiannis's album Tharros I Alitheia (2011)
- Stagones in Lazaros Samaras's EP Stagones (2012)
- Kopse in George Dalaras's album Ti Tha Pei Etsi Einai (2012)
- "Nikos Portokaloglou". www.nikosportokaloglou.gr. Retrieved 2013-02-06.
- "enet 2003" (in Greek). enet.gr. 2003-07-06. Retrieved 2013-01-22.
- "RFI Music". www.rfimusic.com. Retrieved 2013-02-07.
- "Babali-Dalaras Duet on TV" (in el). www.youtube.com. Retrieved 2013-01-22.
- "Lacta TV Spot". www.lacta.gr. Retrieved 2013-01-22.
- "Skoka Reel". www.youtube.com. Retrieved 2013-02-06.
- "Video music Awards 2008" (in Greek). www.videomusicawards.gr. 2008-06-17. Retrieved 2013-01-22.
- "Alexiou/Stokas/Babali Tour" (in el). www.festival-ymittou.gr. Retrieved 2013-01-22.
- "Alexiou/Stokas/Babali Cyprus". www.cyprusevents.net. Retrieved 2013-01-22.
- "The Rose Tattoo presentation" (in Greek). www.pathfinder.gr. Retrieved 2013-01-22.
- "Ise Esi O Anthropos Mou #1 on iTunes". Apple. 2010-10-24. Retrieved 2013-02-06.
- "Vrochi Ton Asterion". www.apple.com. Retrieved 2013-01-22.
- "Hatzigiannis-Babali Live" (in El). www.protothema.gr. Retrieved 2013-01-20.
- "Ari Bafalouka". cineuropa.org. Retrieved 2013-01-22.
- "Apnea film". www.apnea-film.com. Retrieved 2013-01-22.
- "Giorgos Karamihos imdb". www.imdb.com. Retrieved 2013-01-22.
- "Youlika Skafida imdb". www.imdb.com. Retrieved 2013-01-22.
- "Iro Moukiou imdb". www.imdb.com. Retrieved 2013-01-22.
- "Akilas Karazisis imdb". www.imdb.com. Retrieved 2013-01-22.
- "Apnea Variety Review". www.variety.com. Retrieved 2013-01-22.
- "Apnea The Skinny Review". www.variety.com. Retrieved 2013-01-22.
- "Apnea Awards". www.filmfestival.gr. Retrieved 2013-01-22.
- "Apnea Awards". www.filmfestival.gr. Retrieved 2013-01-22.
- "Apnea Glaskow" (in el). www.tovima.gr. Retrieved 2013-01-22.
- "Yorgos Nanouris imdb". www.imdb.com. Retrieved 2013-01-22.
- "Stis Agores (Hatzidakis tribute)" (in el). www.protothema.gr. Retrieved 2013-01-24.
- "Ti Tha Pei Etsi Einai". www.apple.com. Retrieved 2013-01-22.
- "Ti Tha Pei Etsi Einai Live Cyprus". www.apple.com. Retrieved 2013-01-22.
- "Citania Album". www.amazon.com. Retrieved 2013-01-20.
- "Sunny Mae single". www.apple.com. Retrieved 2013-01-24.
Read in another language
This page is available in 1 language