Lankov in November 2010
|Full name||Andrei Nikolaevich Lankov|
|Other names||Andrei Lankov|
July 26, 1963 |
Leningrad, Russian SFSR, Soviet Union
(now Saint Petersburg, Russian Federation)
|Main interests||Korean history|
Early life and education
Lankov was born on July 26, 1963, in the Russian SFSR's Leningrad, now Saint Petersburg. He completed his undergraduate and graduate studies at Leningrad State University in 1986 and 1989, respectively; He also attended Pyongyang's Kim Il-sung University in 1985.
Following his graduate studies, he taught Korean history and language at his alma mater, and in 1992 went to South Korea for work; he moved to Australia in 1996 to take up a post at the Australian National University, and moved back to Seoul to teach at Kookmin University in 2004. Dr. Lankov has a DPRK-themed Livejournal blog in Russian with occasional English posts, where he documents aspects of life in North (and South) Korea, together with his musings and links to his publications. He also writes columns for the English-language daily The Korea Times.
- Andrei Lankov (October 2003). From Stalin to Kim Il Sung: The Formation of North Korea, 1945-1960. Rutgers University Press. ISBN 0-8135-3117-9.
- Andrei Lankov. (December 2004). Crisis in North Korea: The Failure of De-Stalinization, 1956. University of Hawaii Press. ISBN 0-8248-2809-7.
- A. N. Lanʹkov. (2005). КНДР вчера и сегодня: Неформальная история Северной Кореи (The DPRK Yesterday and Today: An Unofficial History of North Korea) (in Russian). Vostok-Zapad. ISBN 5-478-00060-4.
- Lanʹkov A. N. (2006). Быть корейцем (Being Korean) (in Russian). Vostok-Zapad. ISBN 5-17-032481-2.
- Andrei Lankov. (April 2007). North of the DMZ: Essays on Daily Life in North Korea. McFarland and Company. ISBN 0-7864-2839-2.
- Andrei Lankov. (2008). The Dawn of Modern Korea. EunHaeng NaMu publishing. ISBN 978-89-5660-214-1.
- Andrei Lankov. (2009). Август, 1956 год. Кризис в Северной Корее (August 1956, A Crisis in North Korea). ROSSPEN. ISBN 978-5-8243-0907-2.
- Andrei Lankov. (2013). The Real North Korea: Life and Politics in the Failed Stalinist Utopia. Oxford University Press. ISBN 0199964297.
- Plate, Tom (2006-08-10). "North Korea's evolution". The Seattle Times. Retrieved 2007-05-31.
- Lankov, Andrei (2005-10-31). "Вновь за железным занавесом: Северная Корея двадцать лет спустя". Delo (393). Retrieved 2007-05-31.
- Lankov, Andrei. "Андрей Ланьков". Vostochny Portal. Archived from the original on 12 July 2007. Retrieved 2007-05-31.
- Andrei Lankov's blog about DPRK
- Andrei Lankov's Opinion Column, Korea Times http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/category/subsection_304.html
- North Korea's missionary position by Andrei Lankov, Asia Policy
- The Natural Death of North Korean Stalinism by Andrei Lankov, Asia Policy (January 2006)
- Pyongyang Strikes Back: North Korean Policies of 2002–08 and Attempts to Reverse "De-Stalinization from Below" by Andrei Lankov, Asia Policy (July 2009)
- The Death of Juche? A roundtable discussion about the growth of markets in North Korea at Center for Free Enterprise, (September 28, 2011)
|This article about a Russian writer or poet is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a Russian journalist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biographical article about a Russian academic is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|