Andrés Flores (composer)
Andrés Flores was one of four important criollo composers in baroque Bolivia trained by Juan de Araujo, during his tenure as choirmaster of the Cathedral of Sucre (then called La Plata) 1680-1712. The other three notable criollo composers were Sebastián de los Ríos, Roque Jacinto de Chavarría, and Blas Tardío y Guzmán.
- Tess Knighton, Álvaro Torrente. Devotional music in the Iberian world, 1450-1800p416
- Robert Murrell Stevenson Renaissance and baroque musical sources in the Americas 1970 Page 241
- Recording on Le Phénix du Mexique - Villancicos de Sor Juana Inès de la Cruz. Garrido K617
- Recording on Festa Criolla Ensemble Elyma and Ars Longa of Havana, dir. Gabriel Garrido. K617 2005.
- Recording on Musique Baroque á la Royale Audience de Charcas.
|This article on a Bolivian composer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|