|Full name||Олексій Мазікін|
February 16, 1975 |
Kharkiv, Kharkiv Oblast
|Height||1.96 m (6 ft 5 in)|
|Weight||115 kilograms (250 lb)|
|Rated at||Super Heavyweight|
|Club||Dynamo, Kolos Lutsk|
Alexei Mazikin (born 1975-02-16) is a Ukrainian boxer best known to win the silver medal at the 2001 World Championships in the Men's Super Heavyweight division.
Mazikin was a successful amateur but kept losing to southpaws. At the Olympics 2000 he lost to southpaw Audley Harrison, at the World Championships 2001 where he achieved his best result beating Alexander Povetkin 36:30 and Pedro Carrión he lost the final to southpaw Ruslan Chagaev.
- 2000 competed as a Super Heavyweight at the 2000 Olympics in Sydney.
- 2001 2nd place at the World Championships in Belfast
- 2001 4th place at the Goodwill Games 2001 in Brisbane.
- 2004 competed at the 2004 Olympics in Athens. Results were:
- 2001 world championships
- Professional boxing record for Aleksey Masikin from BoxRec
|This biographical article related to a Ukrainian boxer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|