|Secretary of the Philippine Department of Tourism|
June 30, 2010 – August 12, 2011
|President||Benigno Aquino III|
|Preceded by||Joseph Ace Durano|
|Succeeded by||Ramon Jimenez, Jr.|
Alberto Lim was a former Philippine Secretary of Tourism. On June 29, 2010, President Benigno Aquino III picked him as his Secretary of Tourism. He, however, quit his post on August 12, 2011 due to personal reasons.
Before being appointed by Benigno Aquino III to the Tourism secretary post, Lim was the president of the Makati Business Club, a group known to support Aquino even before the latter's campaign started.
He took over the helm of the Tourism Department from Joseph Ace Durano. Early speculations also pointed to showbiz talk host Boy Abunda as the new head of the Department of Tourism (DOT) but Abunda declined the post. In appointing Lim, Aquino said: :Tourism is seen as one of the key venues for increasing jobs in the country. We need someone who has proven competence in this field".
After 2010 Manila hostage crisis ended in blood, Lim was appointed with Soliman by the president "to provide everything necessary for the recovery and return home of the survivors". It is the first challenge faced by Lim after his appointment.
Lim was criticized for the tourism slogan Pilipinas Kay Ganda on the basis that foreigners did not understand clearly what it meant even though these people were the supposed object of the campaign message. Many notable people asked for his resignation until he finally decided to resign in August 2011.
- "Noynoy names Cabinet execs, senior government officials" (in (English)). 2010-06-29.
- www.sunstar.com.ph, Tourism chief quits post
- "Profile of Aquino’s Cabinet members" (in (English)).
- Benigno Aquino III (2010-08-23). "Statement of President Aquino on the August 23, 2010 hostage-taking incident at the Quirino Grandstand" (in (English)). President Office. Retrieved 2010-08-23.
- MARK MERUEÑAS and AMITA LEGASPI (August 12, 2011). "Tired of traveling, Tourism Secretary Lim resigns". GMA News. Retrieved 2011-08-13. "Tourism Secretary Alberto Lim on Friday confirmed that he has resigned from the Cabinet of President Benigno Aquino III. ... his resignation will be effective on August 31."
- Aurea Calica (August 14, 2011). "P-Noy still looking for next DOT chief". Philippine Star. Retrieved 2011-08-13. "Malacañang yesterday urged the public to give President Aquino more time to choose the next tourism chief even as sources revealed he had already spoken with an advertising man as possible replacement for resigned Secretary Alberto Lim. ..."
Joseph Ace Durano
|Philippine Secretary of Tourism
2010 – 2011
Ramon Jimenez, Jr.
|This article about a Filipino politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|