|— Township —|
|Formed||January 1, 2001|
|• Mayor||David Bolton|
|• Federal riding||Lambton—Kent—Middlesex|
|• Prov. riding||Lambton—Kent—Middlesex|
|• Land||331.38 km2 (127.95 sq mi)|
|Elevation||227 m (745 ft)|
|• Density||9.1/km2 (24/sq mi)|
|Time zone||EST (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|Postal Code||N0M, N7G|
|Area code(s)||519 and 226|
Adelaide Metcalfe (2011 population 3,028) is a township in Middlesex County, Ontario, Canada. It was formed on January 1, 2001 through the amalgamation of the former Township of Adelaide and the Township of Metcalfe. It is part of the London census metropolitan area.
The township contains the communities of Adelaide, Crathie, Dejong, Kerwood, Keyser, Mullifarry, Napier, Napperton, Springfield, Walkers and Wrightmans Corners.
- Population in 2006: 3150 (or 3135 when adjusted to 2011 boundaries)
- Population in 2001: 3149 (or 3109 when adjusted to 2006 boundaries)
- Population total in 1996: 3128
- Adelaide (township): 1901
- Metcalfe (township): 1057
- Population in 1991:
- Adelaide (township): 1970
- Metcalfe (township): 986
Wind farm project
Adelaide is the site of a proposed TCI Renewables wind farm project to generate 75 MW of electricity for the Ontario grid, enough to light 1400 homes. The project is to be completed by summer 2013.
This project is currently being opposed by the Middlesex Wind Action Group, a group formed by concerned citizens of Adelaide Metcalfe township (one of over 48 such groups in Ontario) who believe that due process was not followed. Key arguments in the protest relate to unaddressed health concerns, lack of notification of the project and road safety (i.e. proximity to Highway 402, shadow flicker, ice throw, blade throw).
- Adrian deBruyn = 425 Elected
- Putts Strybosch = 375
- Randy Campbell = 179
- Richard Copp = 338
- Mary Ann Hendrikx = 388
- Betty Ann Mckinnon = 403 Elected
- Kurtis Smith = 445 Elected
- Nick Stokman = 404 Elected
- "Adelaide-Metcalfe census profile". 2011 Census of Population. Statistics Canada. Retrieved 2012-08-08.
- "2006 Community Profiles". Canada 2006 Census. Statistics Canada. 2009-02-24. Retrieved 2009-02-24.
- "Corrections and updates". 2006 Census data. Statistics Canada. Retrieved 2011-02-15.
- Statistics Canada: 1996, 2001, 2006 census
- "Adelaide". TCI Renewables. Retrieved 2010-06-13.
- "Election Results" (PDF). Township of Adelaide Metcalfe. 2010-10-25. Retrieved 2010-12-25.
- "Adelaide Metcalfe". Geographical Names Data Base. Natural Resources Canada. http://www4.nrcan.gc.ca/earth-sciences/geography-boundary/geographical-name/search/unique.php?output=xml&id=FEVLX. Retrieved 2010-06-13.
- "Toporama - Topographic Map Sheets 40I13, 40P4". Atlas of Canada. Natural Resources Canada. Retrieved 2010-06-13.
||North Middlesex||Middlesex Centre|
|This Southwestern Ontario geographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
Read in another language
This page is available in 1 language