Achanalt railway station
|Scottish Gaelic: Achan nan Allt|
|Managed by||First ScotRail|
|Number of platforms||1|
|Live arrivals/departures and station information
from National Rail Enquiries
|Annual rail passenger usage*|
|Original company||Dingwall and Skye Railway|
|19 August 1870||Station opened|
|National Rail – UK railway stations|
|A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z|
|* Annual estimated passenger usage based on sales of tickets in stated financial year(s) which end or originate at Achanalt from Office of Rail Regulation statistics. Methodology may vary year on year.|
|UK Railways portal|
Achanalt railway station is a remote railway station on the Kyle of Lochalsh Line, serving the village of Achanalt in the north of Scotland. There are four trains a day in each direction (one on Sundays) stopping on request, connecting Achanalt with all stations between Inverness and Kyle of Lochalsh.
The station was opened by the Dingwall and Skye Railway, but operated from the outset by the Highland Railway. Taken into the London, Midland and Scottish Railway during the Grouping of 1923, the line then passed on to the Scottish Region of British Railways on nationalisation in 1948.
|Preceding station||National Rail||Following station|
Kyle of Lochalsh Line
Line open; Station closed
|Dingwall and Skye Railway
Line and Station open
- Butt (1995)
- Butt, R. V. J. (1995). The Directory of Railway Stations: details every public and private passenger station, halt, platform and stopping place, past and present (1st ed.). Sparkford: Patrick Stephens Ltd. ISBN 1-8526-0508-1. OCLC 60251199.
- Jowett, Alan (March 1989). Jowett's Railway Atlas of Great Britain and Ireland: From Pre-Grouping to the Present Day (1st ed.). Sparkford: Patrick Stephens Ltd. ISBN 1-8526-0086-1. OCLC 22311137.
- Jowett, Alan (2000). Jowett's Nationalised Railway Atlas (1st ed.). Penryn, Cornwall: Atlantic Transport Publishers. ISBN 0-9068-9999-0. OCLC 228266687.
- Station on navigable O.S. map
- RailScot: Dingwall and Skye Railway
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: Achanalt railway station|
|This Scotland railway station-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|