Abernyte shown within Perth and Kinross
|OS grid reference|
|Council area||Perth and Kinross|
|Lieutenancy area||Perth and Kinross|
|Sovereign state||United Kingdom|
|Scottish Parliament||Perthshire North|
|Mid Scotland and Fife|
The village has a heritage organisation, the Abernyte Heritage Group, which was formed in 1988. The group was formed by a mixture of longstanding residents and more recent arrivals to Abernyte and was part of a drive to maintain and celebrate the village's distinct local identity. The group undertook an oral history project in 1996 which is now held at the archives at the University of Dundee.
The history of Abernyte in the nineteenth and early twentieth centuries is documented in Abernyte: The Quiet Revolution which was written by Dr Mary Young and the Abernyte Heritage Group and published in 2008.
Stout Brothers Motors main dealership, lies around a quarter mile South of the village. However at present the building is an Antiques Centre.
As of 2001, the population was 106 people.
- Profile for Abernyte
- "MS 281 Abernyte Oral History Collection". Archive Services Online Catalogue. University of Dundee. Retrieved 14 July 2012.
- "Book Review". Retrieved 5 August 2011.
- "Abernyte Heritage Group". Archived from the original on 24 July 2011. Retrieved 5 August 2011.
- "Obituary Dr Mary Young". The Cumberland News. 26 february 2010. Retrieved 5 August 2011.
- "Abernyte Primary School". Perth and Kinross Council. Retrieved 5 March 2013.
- "Abernyte Church". Carse Churches. Retrieved 5 March 2013.
|This Perth and Kinross location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|