A Haunted House and Other Short Stories
|A Haunted House|
1st edition cover
|Cover artist||Vanessa Bell|
|Publication date||January 1944|
|Media type||Print (Hardcover)|
A Haunted House is a 1944 collection of 18 short stories by Virginia Woolf. It was produced by her husband Leonard Woolf after her death although in the foreword he states that they had discussed its production together.
- The first six stories appeared in her only previous collection Monday or Tuesday in 1921 :
- "A Haunted House"
- "Monday or Tuesday"
- "An Unwritten Novel"
- "The String Quartet"
- "Kew Gardens"
- "The Mark on the Wall"
- The next six appeared in magazines between 1922 and 1941 :
- The final six were unpublished, although only "Moments of Being" and "The Searchlight" were finally revised by Virginia Woolf herself :
- "Moments of Being"
- "The Man who Loved his Kind"
- "The Searchlight"
- "The Legacy"
- "Together and Apart"
- "A Summing Up"
- The Legacy, full text and audio file
- The Searchlight, full text and audio file
- A Haunted House Movie Trailers
|This article about a collection of short stories is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
Read in another language
This page is available in 1 language