|Look up API or api in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
API, originally Advanced Programming Interface but now more commonly known by its near-synonym, Application programming interface, is any defined inter-program interface.
API or api may also refer to:
Companies and organizations:
- Academic Programs International, an American study-abroad provider
- Advanced Processing & Imaging, a software developer of enterprise content management (ECM) solutions
- American Petroleum Institute, an American trade organization
- AmeriStat Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a US-based international wholesaler and exporter of pharmaceuticals and medical supplies
- Animal Protection Institute, an American non-profit organization
- Anonima Petroli Italiana, an Italian petrol (gasoline) company
- Associated Producers Incorporated a B picture subsidiary of 20th Century Fox
- Athletes' Performance Institute, an American training facility for competitive athletes
- Australian Pharmaceutical Industries
- Australian Property Institute, an Australian professional organization in valuation
- Automated Processes, Inc., an American audio electronics company
- Automobile Products of India, an Indian automotive company
- Aviation Partners Inc., an American aviation components company
- Academic Performance Index, a measure of scholastic performance used in California, United States
- Auburn University, formerly known as Alabama Polytechnic Institute
- Alliance for Italy, a centrist political party in Italy
- Arab Peace Initiative, a peace initiative first proposed in 2002 at the Beirut Summit of the Arab League
- Active pharmaceutical ingredient, a basic component of any medicine or pharmaceutical drug
- Petroleum industry nomenclature deriving from American Petroleum Institute;
- Analytical Profile Index, a miniaturized panel of biochemical tests compiled for identification of groups of closely related bacteria
- Advance Passenger Information, passenger information collected by commercial transportation operations, particularly as supplied to the U.S. Customs and Border Protection Advanced Passenger Information System.
- Air Pollution Index, a measure of air quality used in Hong Kong and Malaysia
- Armor-piercing incendiary, a type of armor-piercing shot and shell
- Asian-Pacific Islander
- Aviation Preflight Indoctrination, the first major phase of training for a United States Naval Aviator
- International Phonetic Alphabet, a system of phonetic notation; "API" refers to the French name for the system, Alphabet phonétique international
For information on Wikipedia APIs, see here.
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.