94th Bombardment Wing (World War II)
||This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (January 2013)|
|94th Bombardment Wing|
|Active||1943 - 1945|
|Branch||United States Army Air Force|
|Role||Bombardment (Command & Control)|
|Part of||Eighth Air Force|
The 94th Bombardment Wingis an inactive United States Air Force unit. Its last assignment was with the Eighth Air Force, 1st Air Division, based at RAF Alconbury, England. It was inactivated on 18 June 1945.
- Constituted as 94th Bombardment Wing (Heavy) on 2 November 1943
- Activated on 12 December 1943
- Redesignated 94th Combat Bombardment Wing (Heavy) in August 1943
- Disbanded on 18 June 1945.
- VIII Bomber Command, 12 December 1943
- 1st Bombardment (later, 1 Air) Division, 22 February 1944-18 June 1945
- 351st Bombardment Group, 15 December 1943-23 June 1945
- 401st Bombardment Group, 8 January 1944-20 June 1945
- 457th Bombardment Group, 21 January 1944-21 June 1945
Command and control organization for VIII Bomber Command. Had no groups until April 1944. Flew in combat in the European theater from 2 June until 14 August 1944 when its groups were reassigned.
- Maurer, Maurer (1983). Air Force Combat Units Of World War II. Maxwell AFB, Alabama: Office of Air Force History. ISBN 0-89201-092-4.