933d Aircraft Control and Warning Squadron
||This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (December 2012)|
|933d Aircraft Control and Warning Squadron|
Emblem of the 933d Aircraft Control and Warning Squadron
|Branch||United States Air Force|
|Type||General Radar Surveillance|
|Part of||Air Forces Iceland|
The 933d Aircraft Control and Warning Squadron is an inactive United States Air Force unit. It was last assigned to Air Forces Iceland, stationed at Hofn Air Station, Iceland (H-3). It was inactivated on 30 June 1960.
From 1955-1960, the unit was a General Surveillance Radar Squadron providing for the air defense of Iceland and the North Atlantic.
- Constituted as the 933d Aircraft Control and Warning Squadron
- Activated on 18 April 1955
- Discontinued and inactivated on 8 October 1960
- Iceland Air Defense Force, 18 April 1955
- 1400th Operations Group, 18 Dec 1955
- Air Forces, Iceland 30 June 1960 - 8 October 1960
- Hofn Air Station, Iceland, 1 July 1951 - 8 October 1960