932d Air Control Squadron
||This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2012)|
|932d Air Control Squadron|
Emblem of the 932d Air Control Squadron
|Branch||United States Air Force|
|Type||General Radar Surveillance|
The 932d Air Control Squadron is an inactive United States Air Force unit. It was last assigned to the 85th Group, Third Air Force, stationed at Keflavik Air Station, Iceland. It was inactivated on 27 June 2006.
From 1952-2006, the unit was a General Surveillance Radar Squadron providing for the air defense of Iceland and the North Atlantic.
- Constituted as 932d Aircraft Control and Warning Squadron on 28 Apr 1952
- Activated on 1 May 1952
- Redesignated 932d Air Defense Squadron on 1 Oct 1987
- Redesignated 932d Air Control Squadron on 31 May 1993
- Inactivated on 27 June 2006
- Ninth Air Force, 1 May 1952
- 65th Air Division (Defense), 1 Oct 1952
- Iceland Air Defense Force, 8 Mar 1954
- 1400th Operations Group, 18 Dec 1955
- Air Forces Iceland, 1 July 1960
- 35th Operations Group, 31 May 1993
- 85th Operations Group, 1 Oct 1994
- 85th Group, 1 July 1995-28 June 2006
- Hq, USAFE Special Order GD-29, 22 Jun 2006
- Cornett, Lloyd H; Johnson, Mildred W (1980). A Handbook of Aerospace Defense Organization, 1946-1980. Peterson AFB, CO: Office of History, Aerospace Defense Center..