8th century in architecture
|This article does not cite any references or sources. (December 2009)|
- 709 – Al-Aqsa Mosque first built in Jerusalem, Umayyad Empire (begun in 707).
- 709 – Small Wild Goose Pagoda in China is completed.
- before 710 – Qasr Kharana castle built in the Umayyad Empire.
- 710 – The capital of Japan is moved from Fujiwara-kyō to Heijō-kyō (平城京) (Nara).
- 711 – Fujiwara-kyō is destroyed by a fire.
- 714 – Umayyad Mosque built in Damascus, capital of the Umayyad Empire. Begun in 707.
- 715 – Umayyad city of Anjar built in Lebanon.
- c. 715 – Qasr Amra castle built in the Umayyad Empire.
- 720 – Omar Mosque built in Bosra, Umayyad Syria.
- 739 – A Benedictine monastery is built adjoining the Basilica of Sant'Ambrogio in Milan.
- c. 744 – Construction begun on the Mshatta Umayyad Palace.
- c. 744 – Umayyad palace of Khirbat al-Mafjar near Jericho, Palestine built.
- 746 – Gormaz Castle built in Spain.
- 750s – Belfry of Old St. Peter's Basilica constructed.
- 751 – Bulguksa of Korea is expanded.
- 751 – Seokguram of Korea is constructed.
- 751 – Todaiji (東大寺) temple in Heijō-kyō (Nara), Japan is completed (the current building is a 1709 reconstruction).
- 755 – Hieroglyphic Staircase finished in the Maya city of Copán.
- 759 – Tōshōdai-ji (唐招提寺) temple founded in Heijō-kyō (Nara), Japan.
- 762 – Medinat as-Salam (modern-day Baghdad) founded as the capital of the Abbasid Caliphate.
- 765 – Saidai-ji (西大寺) temple is founded in Heijō-kyō (Nara), Japan.
- 768 – Kasuga Shrine (春日大社) first founded in Heijō-kyō (Nara), Japan.
- 770 – Rock-carved Kailash Temple in Ellora, India commissioned by Rashtrakuta King Krishna I.
- 771 – Al-Aqsa Mosque in Jerusalem rebuilt by the Abbasid caliph Al Mansur.
- 774 – Lorsch Abbey consecrated.
- 774 – Construction of Charlemagne's palace at Ingelheim am Rhein begun.
- 775 – Saint Denis Basilica consecrated.
- 778 – Palace of Ukhaidir built in Mesopotamia, Abbasid Caliphate.
- 781 – San Vicente of Oviedo church, first monument built in Oviedo, Kingdom of Asturias.
- 784 – Construction of the Aljama Mosque (Great Mosque of Cordoba) begun in the Emirate of Córdoba.
- 786 – Aachen Cathedral begun.
- 787 – Construction of the first Würzburg Cathedral (building no longer existing).
- 799 – Lyon Cathedral begun.
- 790s – Villa and oratory at Germigny-des-Prés begun.
Last modified on 28 November 2012, at 10:04↑Jump back a section