419th Tactical Fighter Training Squadron
||This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (December 2012)|
|419th Tactical Fighter Training Squadron|
Emblem of the 419th Tactical Fighter Training Squadron
|Branch||United States Air Force|
Initially established by Tactical Air Command as an F-105 training squadron in August 1967 as the provisional 4519th Combat Crew Training Squadron:. Re-designated as the AFCON 419th TFTS in October 1969, assuming the training mission of the provisional squadron. Inactivated in October 1971 with the phaseout of the F-105 at McConnell.
- Established as 4519th Combat Crew Training Squadron and activated on 1 August 1967
- Re-designated 419th Tactical Fighter Training Squadron on 15 October 1969
- Inactivated on 1 October 1971
- 23d Tactical Fighter Wing, 1 August 1967 – 1 October 1971
- McConnell AFB, Kansas, 1 August 1967 – 1 October 1971
- F-105 Thunderchief, 1967-1971
- Ravenstein, Charles A. (1984). Air Force Combat Wings Lineage and Honors Histories 1947–1977. Maxwell AFB, Alabama: Office of Air Force History. ISBN 0-912799-12-9.