399th Bombardment Group
||This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (December 2012)|
|399th Bombardment Group|
|Branch||United States Army Air Forces|
|Part of||Second Air Force|
Activated during World War II initially as a Second Air Force B-24 Liberator operational training unit (OTU). Reassigned to Fourth Air Force in late 1943 as a replacement training unit (RTU) when Second Air Force switched to B-29 Superfortress training.
- Constituted as 399th Bombardment Group (Heavy) on 15 February 1943
- Activated on 1 March 1943
- Disbanded on 31 March 1944.
- II Bomber Command, 1 March 1943
- Second Air Force, 6 October 1943
- IV Bomber Command, 3 December 1943 – 31 March 1944
- 604th Bombardment Squadron: 1943–1944
- 605th Bombardment Squadron: 1943–1944
- 606th Bombardment Squadron: 1943–1944
- 607th Bombardment Squadron: 1943–1944
- Maurer, Maurer (1983). Air Force Combat Units Of World War II. Maxwell AFB, Alabama: Office of Air Force History. ISBN 0-89201-092-4.