2000–09 in anthropology
Timeline of anthropology, 2000–2009
- The French government returns the remains of Saartjie Baartman to South Africa, where she is buried.
- The First Homo Floresiensis remains are found.
- The National Museum of Iraq in Baghdad and archaeological sites throughout Iraq are looted.
- Native Anthropology: The Japanese Challenge to Western Academic Hegemony, by Takami Kuwayama
Last modified on 20 April 2013, at 15:33
↑Jump back a section
- Margaret Mead Award: Mimi Nichter
- Victor Turner Prize: Tanya M. Luhrman for Of Two Minds: The Growing Disorder in American Psychiatry
- Margaret Mead Award: Marc Sommers
- Victor Turner Prize: Alan Klima for The Funeral Casino: Meditation, Massacre, and Exchange with the Dead in Thailand and Hugh Raffles for In Amazonia: A Natural History
- Margaret Mead Award: Donna Goldstein
- Victor Turner Prize: John M. Chernoff for Hustling Is Not Stealing: Stories of an African Bar Girl