1969 U.S. Professional Indoor
|1969 U.S. Professional Indoor|
|Date:||February 5 – February 9|
|Category:||World Championship Tennis|
|Prize Money:||$30,000 |
|Surface:||Carpet / Indoor|
|Location:||Philadelphia, PA, USA|
|Rod Laver |
|Tom Okker / Marty Riessen|
|U.S. Professional Indoor
The 1969 U.S. Professional Indoor was a WCT tennis tournament played on indoor carpet courts. It was played at the Wachovia Spectrum in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in the United States. It was the second edition of the tournament and was held from February 5 through February 9, 1969. Total attendance for the five-day event was 44,538.
- It was Laver's 3rd title of the year and the 6th of his professional career.
- It was Okker's 1st title of the year and the 4th of his professional career. It was Riessen's 1st title of the year and the 3rd of his professional career.
- "Laver Captures Philly Tennis". Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. Feb 10, 1969.
- "ATP – 1969 Philadelphia WCT Men's Singles Draw". ATP.
- "Laver Wins Despite His Aching Back". Gettysburg Times. Feb 8, 1969.
- "Laver Cleans Up Opponent Roche". The Sumter Daily Item. Feb 10, 1969.
- "Laver Beats Roche, 7-5, 6-4, 6-4, in Final". The New York Times. February 10, 1969,.
Read in another language
This page is available in 1 language