1966 Philadelphia Eagles season
|1966 Philadelphia Eagles season|
|Head coach||Joe Kuharich|
|Home field||Franklin Field|
|Division place||2nd NFL Eastern|
|Playoff finish||Lost Playoff Bowl|
The 1966 NFL Draft and the 1966 AFL Draft The 1966 National Football League Draft was held on November 27, 1965. It was the last draft in which the NFL and the AFL drafted their players separate of one another. As a result, many players selected by teams from both leagues would choose to play for the more established NFL, or in a rarer case, the AFL. The expansion Atlanta Falcons were awarded the first pick in the draft as well as the final pick in each of the first five rounds. The league also provided the Falcons with an expansion draft six weeks later.
|= Pro Bowler ||= AFL All-Star ||= Hall of Famer|
|1||4||Randy Beisler||Defensive End||Indiana|
|2||20||Gary Pettigrew||Defensive end||Stanford||San Diego||6||49||Eagles|
|3||36||Ben Hawkins||Wide receiver||Arizona State||New York||5||38||Eagles|
|5||68||Dan Berry||Running back||California|
|6||84||Bob Sherlag||Defensive back||Memphis State|
|6||89||Mel Tom||Linebacker||San Jose State|
|7||99||David Lince||Tackle||North Dakota||Houston||14||122||Eagles|
|9||129||Jim Todd||Running back||Ball State|
|10||144||John Osmond||Center||Tulsa||Kansas City||6||47|
|11||159||Welford Walton||Defensive end||Nevada-Reno|
|12||174||Bruce Van Dyke||Guard||Missouri||Kansas City||15||133||Eagles|
|13||189||Jim Bohl||Running back||New Mexico State|
|14||204||Ron Medved||Running back||Washington|
|15||219||Harry Day||Tackle||Memphis State||Houston||12||104|
|16||234||Arunas Vasys||Linebacker||Notre Dame|
|17||249||Ike Kelley||Linebacker||Ohio State|
|18||264||Bill Moorer||Center||Georgia Tech|
|19||279||Taft Reed||Defensive back||Jackson State||San Diego||9||81||Eagles|
|20||294||Bill Risio||Tackle||Boston College|
|20||298||Gerald Circo||Kicker||Cal State-Chico|
Awards and Honors
Pro Bowl Selections
- Bob Brown selected starting Tackle.
- Floyd Peters is selected as Defensive Tackle
- Tim Browns leads league in Kickoff Returns for TDs with 2.
- Tim Browns finishes 3 rd in Kick return Avg. with 28.1
- Joe Scarpati finishes 2nd in Interception with 8.
- "1966 NFL Draft". Pro Football Hall of Fame. Retrieved 2008-09-27.
- Players are identified as a Pro Bowler if they were selected for the Pro-Bowl at any time in their careers.
- Players are identified as an All-Star if they were selected for the All-Star team at any time in their careers.
- NFL 2001 Record and Fact Book, Workman Publishing Co, New York,NY, ISBN 0-7611-2480-2, p. 369
|This article relating to an American football season is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|