192nd Ohio Infantry
|192nd Regiment, Ohio Volunteer Infantry|
|Active||March 9, 1865 to September 1, 1865|
The regiment left Ohio for Harpers Ferry, West Virginia, March 10. Attached to 2nd Brigade, 1st Provisional Division, Army of the Shenandoah, March 20. Marched to Charleston March. 21. Duty there until April 4. Transferred to 2nd (Ohio) Brigade, 2nd Provisional Division, March 27. Marched to Winchester April 4. Duty in the Shenandoah Valley in the vicinity of Winchester, Stevenson's Depot, Reed's Hill, and Harrisonburg until August 25. Mustered out at Winchester September 1, 1865.
The 192nd Ohio Infantry mustered out of service September 1, 1865 at Winchester, Virginia.
Members of this Unit Included: Company C: Michael Gessner b.June 18, 1830 d. March 4, 1911 (m. Magdalena Vesper Dec. 20, 1851)
The regiment lost a total of 27 enlisted men during service; 1 man killed and 26 men died of disease.
- Colonel Francis W. Butterfield
- Dyer, Frederick H. A Compendium of the War of the Rebellion (Des Moines, IA: Dyer Pub. Co.), 1908.
- Ohio Roster Commission. Official Roster of the Soldiers of the State of Ohio in the War on the Rebellion, 1861–1865, Compiled Under the Direction of the Roster Commission (Akron, OH: Werner Co.), 1886-1895.
- Reid, Whitelaw. Ohio in the War: Her Statesmen, Her Generals, and Soldiers (Cincinnati, OH: Moore, Wilstach, & Baldwin), 1868. ISBN 9781154801965
- Ohio in the Civil War: 192nd Ohio Volunteer Infantry by Larry Stevens
- National flag of the 192nd Ohio Infantry
- Regimental flag of the 192nd Ohio Infantry
- Guidon of the 192nd Ohio Infantry