1915 college football season
|1915 college football season|
|Total # of teams||87|
|Number of bowls||1|
Cornell Big Red
|Heisman||Not awarded until 1935|
|College football seasons
The 1915 college football season had no clear-cut champion, with the Official NCAA Division I Football Records Book listing Cornell, Oklahoma, and Pittsburgh as national champions. Only Pittsburgh and Cornell claim national championships for the 1915 season.
The following is an incomplete list of conference standings:
- Team scoring most points: Vanderbilt, 514 to 38.
- Player scoring most points: J. N. DePrato, Michigan Agricultural, 185
- Player scoring most touchdowns: J. N. DePrato, Michigan Agricultural, 34
- Player scoring most goals after touchdown: F. Parke Geyer, Oklahoma, 56
- Player scoring most field goals: V. T. Van de Graaff, Alabama, 11
- Longest punt: F. T. Shiverick, Cornell, 86 yards, inclusive of roll of ball
- Longest run from kickoff: John Barrett, Washington & Lee, 101 yards
- Longest punt return: James de Hart, Pittsburgh, 105 yards
- Longest run from scrimmage: D. T. Tayloe, North Carolina, and John R. Georgetown, 90 yards each
- Official 2009 NCAA Division I Football Records Book. Indianapolis, IN: The National Collegiate Athletic Association. 2009-08. pp. 76–77. Retrieved 2009-10-16.
|This college football season article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|