1602 in Ireland
- 3 January - Nine Years' War: The English defeat Irish rebels and their Spanish allies at the Siege of Kinsale.
- 12 January - Juan del Águila surrenders the Spanish troops in Ireland.
- 5–18 June - Nine Years' War: The English defeat Irish rebels at the Siege of Dunboy. The Jesuit chaplain Dominic Collins is arrested, tortured and hanged by the English at Youghal.
- 17 August? - Sir Christopher Nugent, nobleman (born 1544).
- 10 September - Hugh Roe O'Donnell, Prince of Tyrconnell, leader in the Nine Years War (born 1572).
- 31 October - Dominic Collins, Catholic martyr (born 1566).
- 31 December - Maoilín Óg Mac Bruaideadha, poet.
- Sir Edmund Butler of Cloughgrenan, rebel (born 1534).
- Edmund Butler, 2nd Viscount Mountgarret, nobleman (born c.1562).
Last modified on 3 October 2012, at 14:12↑Jump back a section
- Forristal, D. (1992). Dominic Collins: Irish martyr, Jesuit brother. Dublin.