1537 in Ireland
- 3 February - The rebel Thomas FitzGerald, 10th Earl of Kildare ("Silken Thomas"), imprisoned in the Tower of London, is hanged, drawn and quartered, with his five uncles, at Tyburn.
- 7 September - Walter Cowley appointed Principal Solicitor for Ireland.
- c. October - The Parliament of Ireland approves the Act of Supremacy by passing An Act authorising the King, His Heirs and Successors, to be supreme Head of the Church of Ireland and legislation enforcing Dissolution of the Monasteries together with the Treason Act (Ireland) 1537.
- Act prevents obstruction to navigation on the River Nore by weirs.
Deaths↑Jump back a section
Last modified on 29 January 2013, at 22:59↑Jump back a section
- Moody, T. W.; Martin, F. X. (1967). The Course of Irish History. Cork: Mercier Press. p. 370.